Sunday, October 17, 2010

Personal Experience...

A personal experience that I will never forget is when I learned how to swim. It was five years-ago, during the summer. My family and I were really bored and wanted to go somewhere, since it was hot! We decided to go to a lake, which was about two hours away from my hometown, Inglewood. My whole family went with us, when we got there, the lake was full of people playing games, swimming, or just resting on the soft sandy beach. When we were all done getting our things off the truck, we headed toward the water. I went with my father, then I saw a person swimming, it looked like she was gliding on the smooth surface of the water. Instantly I told my Father, that I wanted to learn how to swim. He told me "OK, but it won't be as easy, as it looks." I told him, "I know, but I still want to learn how to, so that I can practice when I can." I was very excited to learn, we went into the water and played around for a little while, after I told him I was ready to learn. He told me to lie on his hands, so that my body would lay flat on top of the water. He then told me to stretch out my legs and arms, so that I can paddle with my arms and do a kick motion with my legs. He kept me on that position for quite some time. After a few minutes, he said, "OK I am going to let you go." "I said OK dad." When he let me go, i did everything he had told me, and little by little, I actually was moving forward. When I got up to get a breath of air, he said, "You did it son!" As soon as he said that, I jumped up in happiness. From that day on I knew how to swim, and that is why it was one of my happiest days in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment