Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Autobiographical Narrative...

                                         Autobiographical Narrative
        My name is Alejandro Cabrejo; I was born in Los Angeles, California, but raised in Inglewood, California. When you think of Inglewood, many people might think that there aren’t that many opportunities here, but there are. I attended three schools in Inglewood which were: Worthington Elementary school, Monroe Middle School, and my current school which is, City Honors College Preparatory Charter School. This is my junior year at City Honors, and the last three years have not been easy, but with the help and support of my family I am doing well. My family and community have made me the scholar and person that I am today, a strong and determined person.
I play sports, my favorite sport is soccer. I think a sport teaches you many things that are necessary in life. Most importantly it teaches you leadership and teamwork, those two attributes are needed almost everywhere you go, in a job, school, or simply in reality. Soccer has taught me those important tools for life. I think I have it because when I did community service for the Boys and Girls Club of Wilmington, I showed teamwork and leadership. I had to work with everyone there to make sure all the kids where safe and to make sure they were where they were suppose to be. It might seem simple, but you need teamwork to do that because it involves a lot of communication with each other and leadership to motivate everyone.
The schools in Inglewood or in Southern California are outstanding. I could not be more grateful to be in Southern California, because it’s filled with high achieving school such as St. Bernard’s High school, Hawthorne Math and science Academy, Lenox academy, El Segundo Environmental Charter High school, City Honors College Preparatory Charter school, and CAMS; which is rated to be the number one high school in California. Being surrounded by high achieving schools makes you and motivates you to do well in school. Not only do we have some of the best High schools but, California is filled with some of the best Ivy Leagues in the country such as: USC, UCLA, Stanford University, and Berkley University. After high school I plan to attend Stanford University, to study for accounting or history to be an archeologist.
My family is one of the greatest supporters in my education, also including my school and community. When I go to college I would be the first in my family to go to a four year college and I want to make that a reality. My teachers and parents strive to teach me and give me all the tools that I need to be successful in college and in life. My family has encouraged me be even more to be successful, I want to give them everything they want in life as a payback for what they doing for me now. Not only for my family but for my teachers, I know I have each teacher just for one year or just for a semester sometimes, but each one put in hard work and dedication to know that I learned the material in school. That is why I want to be successful and do it for my family and my community as a whole.
Everybody that has taken part in my education has made me the person who I am today. They have inspired me and motivated me to do well in life. Without them I couldn’t have got this far and be doing as well. Motivation is my fuel that keeps me going, to be the best scholar I can be, so that in the end all the years of hard work would pay off.


1 comment:

  1. It was good, but I'm not sure if that is what an autibiographical narrative is.

    ReplyDelete