Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Personal Essay...

                                               Personal Essay
Prompt: The way a person handles disappointment reveals a great deal about what is important to him or her. Tell about a time in your life when you confronted disappointment and how you handled it.
Every time you play in a sport, you expect to try your hardest, and expect a success from it. There was once a time I had a soccer tournament in the valley that disappointed me. My team was not the best, but I knew if we tried hard as a team, we could win it. Even much so, I was new to the team, it was my first time playing with them in a tournament. My teammates and I, expected a successful tournament, because we had shown improvement in our practices.
The tournament was in Semi-Valley, which took us about two hours to get there. I was nervous and excited to play my first big tournament. As much as other teams and players did, I wanted my team to dominate and win first place. Although I did not want to get my hopes up, because I knew it would affect my mentality on the field. I did not want anything to distract me or affect my outcome on the field.
Once there, I felt the heat of the hot summer day in the valley. As normal, we warmed up before our first game. I was really pumped, and ready to get on the field. As I knew it, it was time to play already. The first game felt like it went by quick, but it didn’t matter because we won. Since that tournament was small, the next game mattered if we fought for the trophy or not.
When it was time for the second game to start, I did not feel the same energy, as in the first game. Although we pushed through it, and ended up winning that game. Finally, it was time for the final; I really had my hopes up because everything that day had been perfect. The other team looked descent, and did not seem like much of a challenge. Once in the game, it was equal, until they scored. That goal brought our energy down, and that is why they scored another goal in the second half.
When I heard the final whistle blow, I was very disappointed. I felt we could of won that tournament, but did not try hard enough in the end. I also felt a little disappointment in myself, because I felt I didn’t push myself hard enough either. I will never forget that time of disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment