Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Memoir...

                     Memoir
Prompt: People often say” Don’t judge a book by its cover.” Describe a time when you misjudged someone based on his or her appearance or when someone misjudged you.
There was once a time when I misjudged someone, because of their appearance. From the first day I met her in class, I thought she was going to be quiet, and not talkative. I came to this assumption, because of her actions; she looked quite nervous and uncomfortable. At first I thought I was right because she kept on acting that same way for about two weeks. Until I started to notice a change in her attitude, she was more talkative, and less shy to speak out what was on her mind.
After that incident, she completely changed overtime. she was not the same person from the first two weeks of class. Once she was herself, she was always laughing and making funny imitations of cartoons from the television. Now I always tell her she should look into being a voice for a happy cartoon, because that is the way her personality is.
This has taught me not to judge a book bit its cover, because the appearance to a person can mean nothing or tell nothing about their true selves. Instead of judging a person from the first time you meet them, it is best to wait until you have known them for at least a month, to really know what their true personality is. I hope that this memoir helps other people not judge from plain view site, because it is not right until you know that person for some time.

1 comment:

  1. AWW! That was kind of funny. I think you should know why

    ReplyDelete